Friday, March 14, 2008

Gerard's first comic proven not to be The Umbrella Academy


It has been brought to public attention by a disgruntled Hart D. Fisher the Renegade Publisher of Boneyard Press, that The Umbrella Academy has been wrongly dubbed Way’s first comic. Fisher published two editions of what in fact was Way’s first comic entitled ‘On Raven’s wings’ in 1994, though the sixteen year old Gerard was penning under the name Garry Way. Fisher eagerly, trying to get some recognition for being the actual first publisher of Way’s first comic spoke out against Dark Horse.

“So did a big company like Dark Horse knowingly commit fraud on the public in their advertisements touting these books by Gerard as his first foray into comics, or were they unknowing dupes. How many kids bought this comic book, The Umbrella Academy, because it was the first.”

Fisher claims to have been trying to get in contact with Way, yet came to the conclusion on the lack of interaction on Way’s part that Gerard was avoiding him while Way responded with this recent statement.

“I sent [Hart] an email years ago, before we finished ‘Revenge,’ thanking him for believing in me, and never got a response. I think I emailed him once again as well…never heard anything back. I’m not ashamed of what I did for him, and wanted to see him in person and thank him. I’ve never had the chance.”

March 2nd, 2008

1 comment:

MiseryBusiness123 said...

I see Gerard's neck says CATHOLIC...dude thats awesome am catholic too! Lol another thing i have in common with Gerard Way